Supplying Power for North Carolina, No Matter the Project Size
Carolina Cat Electric Power Generation is a recognized leader of distributed power for a wide range of industries. Our electrical power systems supply both primary and standby power for a variety of uses – hospitals, schools, factories, airports, office buildings, data centers, oil rigs, and more. No matter the project size, our experienced and dedicated team will deliver the right solution for the right cost.
Explore our full library of Application & Installation guides below:
The Cat SpecSizer will size and recommend a “Best Fit” genset for you based on examining several parameters, then selecting a genset that satisfies all of those parameters. Start with the SpecSizer How-To Guide, then access the Cat SpecSizer to get started.
Questions? Contact us and a member of our Power Systems team will walk you through anything you’d like to know about sizing an ideal genset for your application.
Explore our full library of white papers exploring topics from electric power to biogas, and more. Have a question about information you find in a white paper? Contact us and one of our power experts will help you learn more.
Electric Power White Papers
- Cat Internally Excited (IE) Alternators
- Excitation Selections
- EMCP 4 Start Signal Monitoring
- Overcurrent Protection
- Issues with Peak Demand
- Comparing Volumetric Fuel Consumptions
- Paralleling Generator Set Systems & Design
- Failsafe Operation for Paralleled Generator Sets
- Demystifying Generator Set Ratings
- Distributed Generation
- Fuel Cell Hybrid
- Auxiliary Coil Excitation (PMG-I)
- Ambient Capability of Enclosed Generator Sets
- Generator Sound Pressure Calculations
Gas White Papers
- Preparing for the Future of Grid-Code
- Emissions Reduction for CHP
- Understanding Gas Engine Emissions in Standby Power Applications
- Biogas Application and Investment from North to South Asia
- Biogas Comes of Age
- Biogas Finance – Global
- Biogas Project Finance
- CHP Finance – Global
- CHP, More Than Heat & Power
- Distributed Generation with Natural Gas Engines: Fulfilling the Potential
- Distributed Generation Using Natural Gas-Fueled Generator Sets
- Gas Engine Technology
- Getting More Power from “Opportunity” Fuels
- Girding the Grid: How Utilities Boost Efficiency, Reduce Costs With Gas
- Heat Recovery: Enhancing Payback from On-Site Prime Power
- Natural Gas Generator Sets for the Standby Market
- On-site Power for Data Centers: New Possibilities in a Changing Marketplace
- Turbines Versus Reciprocating Engines
Legacy Product White Papers
ELECTRIC POWER WEBINARS
Cat’s electric power webinars are designed to boost your understanding of topics relevant to electric power and to
ensure that you have all the tools you need to meet the power needs of any jobsite.
Coordination StudiesWATCH WEBINAR
Remote Electric Power ManagementWATCH WEBINAR
Gas vs Diesel Generator SetsWATCH WEBINAR
SEMINAR IN A BOX
Seminar in a Box (SIB) is a Cat-created tool used to conduct seminars where Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or Professional Development Hours (PDHs) are available.
Course materials for these seminars include a PowerPoint presentation on a relevant Electric Power Topic, Facilitator Guide with speaker notes, and applicable documents for handouts. Seminars can be held in-person or via video conference.
Ready to get started? Contact us today and a member of our team will work with you to schedule a seminar, help select a topic (if needed), and provide you with any documents and/or materials needed beforehand.
Mission Critical: FinancialVIEW
Mission Critical: HealthcareVIEW
Mission Critical: Data CentersVIEW
Biogas to EnergyVIEW
POWER RATINGS GUIDE
the Cat Power Ratings Guide provides a quick, easy way to quickly look up ratings for nearly any model you might need. It covers everything from diesel and gas generator sets to renewable hybrid energy solutions, system products, and more.
Explore the full guide below:
Guide Contents include:
- Diesel Generator Sets
- Gas Generator Sets
- Fuel Generator Sets
- Renewable Hybrid Energy Solutions
- EMCP 4
- Systems Products
- Cat Connect and Product Support
- Reference Guide