Every farmer knows that properly functioning equipment is essential for agricultural operations. Any malfunction leads to downtime and loss of revenue, and not having a warranty on your equipment poses a significant risk. An equipment planned maintenance agreement from Caterpillar® offers farmers extended warranties and protection plans that benefit their machinery and entire farm.
What Is Agriculture Equipment Planned Maintenance?
Planned maintenance is any maintenance prepared for in advance to reduce downtime and resolve issues early. A customer value agreement (CVA) is our comprehensive maintenance plan to protect your equipment. There are many CVA plans based on what machine you have and the potential features. You can get parts delivered right to your front door, enjoy the benefits of an equipment protection plan and access equipment data on your phone.
How Farmers Benefit From a Farm Equipment Maintenance Agreement
Your agricultural operation requires efficiency, which comes from reliable equipment. CVAs make Cat® machine ownership hassle-free. The advantages of our farm equipment planned maintenance include:
- Reduced downtime: We’ll deliver parts right to your farm, which reduces unplanned downtime and machine failure.
- Enhanced equipment performance: Having a CVA prepares your equipment to perform the work you expect by lengthening component life and lowering costs.
- Set maintenance costs: CVAs help farmers control their overall spending. Your maintenance cost will be fixed for up to five years, allowing you to prepare your finances. This price can be lumped into your regular monthly machine payment.
- Support from your local dealer: Some CVA packages come with dealer monitoring for extra support. We will monitor your equipment in real time and notify you if an issue comes up. If you need a part, we’ll send it to you, and if you need a repair, a technician will come to your location.
Features of Our CVA for Farm Equipment
We have many CVA plans available so you can select which is best for you. Standard features of our CVA include:
- Equipment health management: Use the Cat App to access your equipment health data and view machine alerts. Plus, the Cat Inspect app helps you assess fluid health and schedule maintenance appointments.
- Hassle-free maintenance: We will deliver genuine Cat parts to your location on time.
- Effortless ownership: You’ll receive our professional advice and recommendations for equipment and operations.
- Dealer support: Our Equipment Protection Plan protects your machine beyond the warranty. We’ll also troubleshoot issues and perform the required repairs.
You can also add these benefits to your package:
- Dealer maintenance
- 24/7 machine monitoring
- Caterpillar brand fluids
- EPP Premier for additional protection on top of standard EPP coverage
- Planned maintenance inspections
Your Partner for Planned Maintenance of Agriculture Equipment
Carolina Cat provides CVA plans to clients in many industries throughout the region. We have more than 90 years of experience in the industry, so you can trust us to take care of your equipment. Learn more about our equipment maintenance services or contact us about our CVAs today.